We are pleased to announce that senior corporate solicitor, Brigitta Naunton, has been promoted to Corporate Partner.
Brigitta is an experienced transaction leader who specialises in a multitude of areas within corporate law including business acquisitions and sales, equity fundraising, joint venture and shareholder arrangements, corporate governance and more.
Since joining Harper James in February 2022, Brigitta has become an integral member of the team and has advised a range of clients within the technology, food and drinks, transport and haulage, retail, and professional services sectors. She has taken the lead on several notable transactions including:
- Acting for the sellers in the sale of the entire issued share capital of Barry Fleming and Partners (a financial services and wealth management firm) to Kingswood for £6.2m.
- Acting for the sellers in the sale of their e-commerce business Maher London Ltd to UAP Limited.
- Advising a financial services technology company in a £5m equity funding round.
- Advising an electrical vehicle battery technology company in a £2.5m equity funding round.
- Advising cybersecurity technology company ARX Alliance Limited on equity funding, conversion of its Future Fund loan and follow-on investments.
Prior to joining Harper James, Brigitta trained and qualified in 2002 with Eversheds (now known as Eversheds Sutherland), working in its Cambridge and London offices until 2008 before moving onto work at Shepherd and Wedderburn. Brigitta also has in-house experience, spending time at the multi-national technology company ARM where she managed a global legal team. In 2019, Brigitta then returned general practice to take the lead with the corporate and commercial legal services in the Cambridge offices of Howes Percival.
Commenting on her promotion to Partner, Brigitta said:
I’m super-proud to be able to say that I’m now a Partner at Harper James! Since joining a year ago I’ve been able to advise a fantastic set of clients on a multitude of corporate transactions and have had the support of a wonderful team around me to do so. I’m also looking forward to seeing Harper James and its clients grow to ever increasing heights in the future.
Adam Kudryl, Partner and Head of Corporate, said:
We’re delighted to have Brigitta become a Partner. Since day one, Brigitta has been a great asset to the Corporate team and has shown herself to be a solid and capable deal leader. She uses her wealth of experience in a pragmatic and straightforward manner, meaning easily digestible advice and great outcomes for clients – the client compliments speak for themselves. Congratulations Brigitta!
We spoke with Brigitta about how she started her career, her main areas of expertise, key moments of her career so far and more as part of our ‘Spotlight on our solicitors’ interview series.