Experienced legal support
Businesses are facing new challenges in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the outbreak our partner-level solicitors have been guiding clients and developing expertise in this new situation.
To help you during this uncertain time we have created a dedicated quick response team to prioritise COVID-19 issues and developed this hub to share resources as the situation unfolds.
Circumstances are changing rapidly and, as long-term impact is hard to predict, we’ll all need to keep an eye on the future while navigating the present. This is where we come in.
Harper James Solicitors is a law firm with a difference. Our business model has been designed with remote working at its centre, enabling us to provide cost effective business legal services without compromising on quality. Our team of highly experienced senior lawyers are available to support you through the challenges you are experiencing.
For example, some of the key topics impacting your business could be:
- Contractual commitments – especially reviewing clauses such as force majeure and frustration
- Commercial – pragmatic advice for all your commercial agreements, contracts and terms
- Employment – minimising risk for employees while maintaining productivity
- GDPR and data protection – new ways of working may require changes to privacy policies and processes, so you remain compliant with regulations
- Finance – advising on your options to maintain working capital such as asset finance or trade loans
- Dispute resolution – providing appropriate and cost-effective methods for dealing with your conflicts
Quick response team
To help you manage the impact of coronavirus across your business we have established dedicated teams in all key practice areas.
Reach out to us by calling 0800 689 1700 and our client services team will co-ordinate your support.
Answering your questions
We’ll update these guides regularly with advice and answers to your questions.
- Business interruption insurance claims: Policy review
- Managing the redundancy process: Guide and templates
- Furlough rules: How to make a CJRS claim correctly
- Applying for the Future Fund: what you need to know
- Employers’ guide: returning to work and Covid-19
- How Coronavirus could impact your commercial contracts
- Coronavirus advice for employers: SSP, self-isolation and government support
- Furlough employees or issue pay cuts (template letters)
- Help for your business’s cashflow and working capital during Coronavirus
- COVID-19 and commercial leases: what are your options?
- COVID-19: Government support for the self-employed
- COVID-19 and cybersecurity: protecting your business as home working increases
- Coronavirus and force majeure in contracts: what’s covered?
- Making home-working work for your business
Further sources of support
Business Support Helpline (England)
Telephone: 0300 456 3565
Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Local growth hubs:
How your business can help
We're all in this together so if your business is in a position to help in the response to COVID-19 please reach out using the links below:
- for vaccines, email Nervtag@phe.gov.uk
- for ventilators, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- with innovation and tech, email DNHSX@nhsx.nhs.uk
Or, to offer support with things like:
- medical testing equipment
- medical equipment design
- protective equipment for healthcare workers, such as masks, gowns and sanitiser
- hotel rooms
- transport and logistics, for moving goods or people
- manufacturing equipment
- warehouse or office space, for medical use or storage
- expertise or support on IT, manufacturing, construction, project management, procurement, engineering or communications
- social care or childcare
Please complete the Government form here: gov.uk/coronavirus-support-from-business
Business-led innovation in response to global disruption
Innovate UK are offering grants up to £50,000 to support businesses developing new solutions to address the needs of society and industries during and following the Covid-19 pandemic. Apply online - entries close 17th April 2020.